Friday, December 27, 2013

Santa

For my last layout for the 2013 52 Week Challenge at Scrappin'-n-Chattin, I wanted to use some photos I took of the dogs this year with a Santa figurine.  The current sketch at Let's Scrap was just the ticket.





I only wanted to use the Santa photos, and I didn't quite have enough to fill all the spots in the sketch.  But the extra spaces worked well for journaling and added embellishments.



Here's a closer look at the first page....


And the 2nd page.  The puppy is almost 4 1/2 months old.  She is starting to listen better and is posing much better.


This was my 3rd year doing the 52 Week Challenge at SnC.  I had to use 2 passes this, which I am a little disappointed with.  It's been a real tough year though, and I am very happy that I was able to complete the challenge.

This page is being entered into a few other challenges as well:
Lasting Memories - Here Comes Santa Claus
Frosted Designs - My Favorite Things

Raindrops on ROSES and whiskers on kittens,
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen MITTENS;
BROWN PAPER  packages tied up with STRINGS;
These are a few of my favorite things.

CREAM-COLORED ponies and crisp APPLE strudels;
Doorbells and sleigh BELLS and schnitzel with noodles;
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their WINGS;
These are a few of my favorite things.
Girls in white dresses with BLUE SATIN sashes;
SNOWFLAKES that stay on my nose and eyelashes;
SILVER-WHITE winters that melt into springs;
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the dog bites,When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my FAVORITE things,
And then I don't feel so bad. 
 
 I used String on the 2 buttons (one on each page)
Cream-Colored cardstock was used as photo mats and journaling boxes. 
There are Wings on the bird on the button on the left page (very hard to see I know)
And there are Snowflakes on one of the embellishment squares on the 1st page.


Thank you for stopping by.  This weekend is my last dog event for several months.  I hope to be a crafting fool very soon.
 

10 comments:

Michele said...

So cute Sue!! The photos speak a thousand words!! Happy Holidays! Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories!!
Michele

ClaireR said...

Love your 2pager! Love the mix of PP. Congrats on completing the 52 week challenge, Im going to check it out because Im intrigued. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories. Hope to see your layouts again.

Cathi ONeill said...

Wow gorgeous two page design! So glad you joined us at Frosted Designs!

BrendaB said...

I love those cute photos! Great idea to sub journaling and paper blocks to fill in the extra space; it looks wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

Haven_mom4 said...

what an achievement to get so many of the challenges done. Super cute layout. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories

TantiK Creation said...

Beautiful two pager. Love that banner. Great Take on our Challenge. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

TantiK Creation said...

Beautiful two pager. Love that banner. Great Take on our Challenge. Thank you for joining us at Lasting Memories.

K Clark said...

So cute!! Love a two pager. Thanks for joining us at lasting memories. Kimberly DT

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Lovely Layout!
thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Denise Pustelniak said...

Sue, Terrific two-page spread!
Thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories